2020 InRC: Chapter 11 Residential Energy Code
A training seminar sponsored by the Indiana Association of Building Officials, Inc. a chapter of the International Code Council, Inc.
Date: October 15, 2020
- Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Class will start at 9:00 a.m.
- There will be 1-hour allotted for lunch (lunch will not be provided)
- Class will conclude at 4:00 p.m.
NEW Location: Frankfort Airport, 3009 IN-38, Frankfort, IN 46041. When you turn onto the drive to the airport, please drive straight toward the hangar at the end of the drive on the right.
Lunch will not be provided
*IABO has applied for funding through the Statewide Fire and Building Safety Education Fund (675 IAC 12-11). If you are a current IABO member, please DO NOT pay in advance as an invoice will be sent after the class.
This course consists of six contact hours and earns 0.6 ICC PPN CEU's.
- This seminar will focus on the following three areas: Envelope, Mechanical & Documentation.
- At the end of each section there will be an interactive activity over some of the main focus points of the correlating section (testing requirements, documentation requirements, inspections, etc.)
- The lecture will begin with a summarized overview of energy code changes and compliance paths before going into specific details.
- Discuss additions/alteration requirements and exceptions.
- Explain building envelope and go into detail on corresponding prescriptive and mandatory requirements along with comparisons to the performance pathways.
- Discuss the new Indiana amended air leakage requirements and testing (will include a video with testing procedures).
- Discuss mechanical systems and equipment (BIG changes here)
- Discuss the new duct and duct testing requirements.
- Talk about new equipment sizing requirements (will include a hands-on portion going over what to look for when reviewing required reports).
- Discuss new mechanical ventilation and different options for whole house ventilation.
- Go over the rest of the mechanical requirements (pipe insulation, lighting, etc.)
- Go into detail on the permitting process and documentation requirements for all four compliance paths.
Presenter: Nate Kleist
Nate Kleist is a Purdue alumnus (Boiler Up!), HERS rater, IHCDA weatherization auditor, is ICC certified and specializes in energy codes and design. He has spent the last eleven years fine tuning his expertise in the home energy rating industry at Energy Diagnostics, a Midwest rating firm based in Indiana, Michigan and Illinois. Nate works with and trains builders, code officials, design professionals and contractors on energy codes and industry best practices. He specializes in current IECC, and is involved in future development of energy codes. Nate has worked under several different variations of the 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2018 IECC, giving him a unique and robust look at the state adoption process, along with the benefits and concerns of each code and corresponding amendments.
The registration deadline is October 8, 2020. Registrations received after October 8 will not be guaranteed class materials at the time of class.
After registration is successfully submitted a confirmation email will be sent to the email address entered during registration.
All cancelations must be received in writing no later than October 8, 2020 to avoid penalty. All late cancellations and no shows will be billed $50. Faxed cancellations must be verified they were received. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make the verification. Emergencies will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Attendance Notice Regarding Certificates/Funding:
Indiana Association of Building Officials is committed to complying with the requirements of the Division of Fire and Building Safety, as they administer the education fund.
As Indiana Association of Building Officials submits the request for funding on behalf of the membership, IABO will not submit an attendee’s name who does NOT attend the entire class; failure to attend the entire class renders that attendee ineligible for funding.