A training seminar sponsored by the Indiana Association of Building Officials, Inc. a chapter of the International Code Council, Inc.
Date: December 13, 2018
- Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Class will start at 9:00 a.m.
- There will be 1-hour allotted for lunch (lunch will not be provided
- Class will conclude at 4:00 p.m.
Member: $100, this fee will cover the instructor and materials
Non-member: $125, this fee will cover the instructor and materials
Lunch will not be provided
*IABO has applied for funding through the Statewide Fire and Building Safety Education Fund (675 IAC 12-11). Please DO NOT pay in advance as an invoice will be sent following the class.
This course consists of six contact hours and earns 0.6 ICC PPN CEU's.
Wondering what is Code Palooza?
Members have been asking - we have been listening and Code Palooza is an organized Round Table Discussion on various topics with various table presenters.
Class participants will spend 55 minutes at each table and will be required to "visit" (sign in and out) of six (6) of the possible 10 Round Table Discussions.
Code Palooza format as follows:
25-minute presentation on the specific topic
30-minute discussion (question and answer) on that topic
At the end of the 55-minute session, participants will move to a different table and the process starts over.
Code Palooza Topics:
- Preparation and "how to" ideas on Certification Testing - James Straws, IABO President
- 2005 Indiana Residential Code Framing "Issues" - Steve McDermott, Town of Griffith
- Fire Stopping Myths about Firestopping - Heather Million, Territory Manager, SPI Firestopping
- Basic Facts of Residential Engineered Lumber - Dave Pritchett, Territory Manager, Wyerhaeuser
- Deck Construction - Brian Herald, Territory Manager, Simpson Strong-Tie
- Residential Code - Load Calculations "How many Chevy's can Stack on a Header?" - John Hawkins, Principal, Kovert Hawkins Architects
- E-Occupancy - Day Care Facilities - Jeff Short, Assistant Section Chief - Code Enforcement, Division of Fire & Safety, Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- Fire Alarm Inspections - Tom Zornes, Fire Suppression Business Development Manager CPS Americas, Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Concrete (Topic to be announced) - Chad Montgomery, Indiana Ready Mix Concrete Association (IRMCA) Promotions Manager
- ICC Evaluation Services (Tentative)
After registration is successfully submitted a confirmation email will be sent to the email address entered during registration.
The registration deadline is December 6, 2018. Registrations received after December 6 will not be guaranteed class materials at the time of class.
All cancellations must be received in writing no later than December 6, 2018 to avoid penalty. All late cancellations and no shows will be billed $50. Faxed cancellations must be verified they were received. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make the verification. Emergencies will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Attendance Notice Regarding Certificates/Funding:
Indiana Association of Building Officials is committed to complying with the requirements of the Division of Fire and Building Safety, as they administer the education fund.
As Indiana Association of Building Officials submits the request for funding on behalf of the membership, IABO will not submit an attendee’s name who does NOT attend the entire class; failure to attend the entire class renders that attendee ineligible for funding.