2012 IFC Transition from the 2006 IFC
A training seminar sponsored by the Indiana Association of Building Officials, Inc. a chapter of the International Code Council, Inc.
Indiana Association of Building Officials will host a seminar on September 18, 2015 to present and discuss 2012 IFC Transition from the 2006 IFC. This course will be presented with Indiana amendments.
Date: September 18, 2015
- Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Class will start at 9:00 a.m.
- There will be 1 hour for lunch
- Class will conclude at 4:00 p.m.
Individual registration is $125.
PAYMENT: PLEASE DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE FOR THIS PROGRAM. INVOICES WILL BE SENT OUT AFTER THE PROGRAM.
The Course is worth .6 CEUs/6 contact hours.
This seminar will assist participants in implementing the transition from the 2006 IFC to the 2012 IFC. It will include relevant changes in the 2009 IFC. This interactive training will focus on the key changes presented in the participant material. Small group activities and knowledge review questions will provide many opportunities for participants to discuss and consider the changes. The information presented will allow for the application of these code requirements to the design, plan review, and/or inspection functions.
Goal: Participants will be able to use this document to identify changes from the 2006 IFC through the 2012 IFC, allowing them to apply these code requirements to design, plan review, and/or inspection.
Objectives: Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the most significant differences between the 2006 IFC, 2009 IFC, and the 2012 IFC.
- Explain the differences between the current and previous editions.
- Identify changes in organization and code requirements.
- Identify the applicability of design, plan review and inspection requirements.
Instructor: Kevin Scott
Kevin Scott is President of KH Scott & Associates, LLC. He comes from a 30 year career with the Kern County Fire Department, CA. Kevin worked up through the ranks in his career and served the Fire Department in several different capacities, retiring at the position of Deputy Chief.
During his career with the Kern County Fire Department, Mr. Scott spent 20 years in the Office of Fire Prevention. He first became involved in the development of the building, fire and life safety codes in 1988. He served as Chairman of the Southern California Fire Code Committee and later he served on the Board of Directors for the Southern California Fire Prevention Officers Association under the California Fire Chiefs Association. He spent four years as a member of the Uniform Fire Code Development Committee. He participated on the Drafting Committee of the International Fire Code, and then served on the Code Development Committee for the International Fire Code from 1998 until 2004 when he was elected to the Board of Directors for the International Fire Code.
Mr Scott left the Fire Department in 2006 to work for the International Code Council. He was the ICC Senior Regional Manager for several western states. In 2012, Mr. Scott left ICC and now offers consulting services providing instruction, plan review, interpretation, application and enforcement of fire codes and building codes.
He has written several books and articles. Most recently
- "Building Code Basics: based on the 2015 International Fire Code" - published in 2014 by the International Code Council
- "Significant Changes to the International Fire Code - 2015 Edition" - co-author - published in 2014 by the International Code Council
- "Building Code Basics: based on the 2012 International Fire Code" - published in 2014 by the International Code Council.
- "In-Building" Radio Communications in 2009 International Fire Code" - published in 2009 in Firehouse Magazine.
- "Fire Barrier Ratings in Separated Mixed Occupancies" - published in 2008 in the Building Standards Journal.
Mr. Scott has been a long time instructor for the California State Fire Marshal's Office, the International Conference of Building Officials, the International Fire Code Institute and the International Code Council.
Mr. Scott is a member of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, National Fire Protection Association, the International Fire Marshal's Association and the Society of Fire Protection Engineers.
Please register no later than two weeks prior to class date. Registrations received after Friday, September 4th will not be guaranteed class materials at the time of class.
Cancellation Policy - All cancellations must be received in writing no later than September 4, 2015 to avoid penalty. All late cancellations and no shows will be billed $50. Faxed cancellations must be verified they were received. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make the verification. Emergencies will be dealt with on an individual basis.